Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Fall Leafy Wreath

Hi everyone! Today I want to share with you a fun fall project using a Clear Scraps Clear Craft Sheet and a mirror piece from a from the Oval Fancy Mirror Frame and one of my favorite fall Sizzix Dies, the Tim Holtz Layered Leaf.
Leaf wreath_sizzix_clear scraps_nancy keslin
Supplies Needed:
Leaf wreath_supplies
Step 1:  Cut Clear Craft Sheet in thirds and die cut leaves.  I found by doing so I was able to create 9 leaves with just one sheet of Clear Acrylic.  The Clear Craft Sheet is simple to cut with a pair of scissors and it cuts even easier with the Sizzix die cut machine and steel rule dies.
Leaf wreath_sizzix_cut
Step 3:  After cutting, simply emboss with the coordinating Texture Fade.  The Texture Fade comes with the die, so a one stop shop.  Did you know that you can emboss your acrylic?  How cool is that?
Leaf wreath_sizzix_emboss
Step 4:  Remove plastic covering from Clear Craft Sheet.  These leaves still have the sheets, but how cool do they look?
Leaf wreath_leaves
Step 5:  Ink leaves with Stazon and then spray backside with IrResistable spray in bronze.  The bronze irResistable spray really helps the leaves stand out while still highlighting the translucense of the acrylic.
Leaf wreath_leaves_inked
Step 6:  Ink mirror piece in the same colors as leaves and attach words (I chose vinyl which I cut with my Cricut, but you could use a sticker, or leave this piece off all together)
Leaf wreath_mirror
Step 7:  Glue all pieces to embroidery hoop.  How simple is that?  I used a bit of Beacon Zip Dry.
I would love to see what projects you create with Clear Scraps.  
Hugs.
Nancy

No comments: