Monday, November 2, 2015

A Camera Box with a Flash?

Hey everyone!  I know, long time no see.  I just haven't been feeling it lately, and with the stress of my paren't injuries, preparing college and grad school aps, and Ainsley's beginning high school things have been a bit busy.

I did want to pop in today and share this fun camera box I made with a file from SVGCuts.  It is part of the Instant Memories Collection. 

You know how much I love SVGCuts, they make creating fun 3D projects so quick and easy, and they work wonderfully with my Cricut.

See that big button?  The one with the flower in the center?  That is the switch for the flash.

Because what is a camera that doesn't actually flash when you take the photo?  lol  To creat the lights I began by making a circuit with the Chibitronics Starter Kit.  I ran my copper tape from the clear box where the flash would be on a real camera, placing my LED light right next to the hole.
The Chibitronics circuit continues up through a few little holes I made in the top of the box and onto the button where I place my battery.  I added a few pieces of foam tape next to the battery so that the battery could not make contact unless the button was depressed. 
The foam tape adds just enough cushion to allowe for a firm press.  I also lined the box with some of the Core'dinations Tim Holtz Kraft Core Metallic collection so that you could reallly see the flash. Such a fun project, and will easily hold a mini album.

Hugs.

No comments: