Friday, October 2, 2015

Simple Stories Clear Scraps Recipe Album

Hi everyone!  Today I want to share with you a little something I made for my son.  Like many of you my children are growing up and moving out.  Well, after a year on his own, cooking for himself, my son decided he really wanted some of our favorite family recipes written down so that he could recreate them.  (I guess he likes my cooking.  hee hee).  Anyway, Clear Scraps to the rescue.  With the Acyrlic Recipe Stand kit I was able to create a functional recipe book for him in no time.
Family recipes_nancy keslin_clear scraps_simple stories
The kit comes with a mixture of chipboard and acrylic pages.  I chose to use a chipboard page for the front cover as well as for the "favorite" recipe in each category.
Family recipes_clear scraps
I used some older Simple Stories papers and embellishments I had in my stash as well as a few custom stickers I made with my Cricut.
Family recipes_simple stories
I really like the print and cut function on my Cricut and created these stickers out of printable vinyl, so they should be quite sturdy.
Family recipes_nancy keslin
This Simple Stories line had lots of cute kitchen related items that were just perfect for this project.
Family recipes
Although, I do wonder if the album may be just a bit to "girly" for him.  lol
Family recipes_nancy keslin_clear scraps_album
Some of the recipes I copied and pasted from the internet
Family recipes_clear scraps_nancy keslin
while others I had to type up.
Family recipes_nancy keslin_simple stories
I also added some blank 4x6 pages to the kit so that I can continue to add recipes when he asks.
Family_recipes_simple storeis
Needless to say the stand is getting a little thick.  But I know he will be eating well.
Hugs.




No comments: