Wednesday, August 19, 2015

You Light Up My Cupcake Stand

Hi everyone!  Hope you are having a great day!  Today I want to share with you a fun project I made using the Cupcake Stand Sizzix die, some fun Prima Marketing Papers, and my favorite Chibitronics LED lights.

To begin you will need to attach your patterned paper to mat board and run through the die cut machine to create the needed shapes.  Attaching your patterned paper first ensures you get a good, clean cut.  The stand is easily assembled from there.  I added a bit of lace around the bottom of the die cut for extra interest.

The copper tape adds another embellishment and was simply wrapped around all four sides of the stand.  Try to keep your lines straight and your lights will easily fit right in.
I attached the battery on the underneath of the cupcake stand so that it could easily be replaced or removed when not in use.  Be careful that your copper tape does not touch, you don't want to short out your battery.
This was a super fun and easy project to create and makes that cupcake something special when presented.

No comments: