Monday, August 10, 2015

Yard-Zee and the Buckle Boutique

Hi everyone and happy Monday.  Hope you had a great weekend...I know I did.  So glad swim season is over and we can just kick back and enjoy these next few weeks without commitments.

Of course, no swim meet meant we could have a few people over Saturday night, and that meant I needed to make a thing or two.  I found these fun 4 inch blocks on Amazon.com and thought how much fun to make a set of Yardtze dice (giant sized Yahtzee for the yard)  with the rhinestone sticker sheets from The Buckle Boutique.

Although it took a while, did you know that each die has 21 pips? it was super simple.  I used a Sizzix circle die to cut 105 3/4 inch circles from the Black Dazzling Diamond Rhinestone Sticker sheet and placed them in order on the blocks.  I used a standard die as a model.  Sizzix die cuts are one of my favorite things to cut these Rhinestone Sticker sheets with...perfect cuts every time.
Once I had completed all the dice we were ready to play.
These dice are huge and are so much fun.  They look great sitting in a metal bucket I found for 70% off at Michaels.  The bucket also serves as a housing for score sheets (I downloaded mine from here) and pencils, and you can use it as a cup to throw the dice.  Or....
These dice could be used for just about any dice game you can imagine.  I know that Amazon is currently sold out of the blocks I used, but I saw a package of wood blocks slightly smaller at Target the other day in the Maker area.

Hugs

No comments: