Friday, July 24, 2015

You Can Cut What with the Cricut?

Hey everyone!  Bad blogger here, but it is Friday!!!  Hooray!!!!   Anyway, today I have a super simple project that everyone has probably made before, something I have made here before...but today I have something new to share.

Yep, another composition book, but check out the bling!  Almost time for back to school and you know how much fun I have been having with the Buckle Boutique Rhinestone Sticker Sheets.  This time I figured out how to cut the sticker sheets with my Cricut Explore!  Woo hoo!!!!  OK, it took quite a bit of trial and error, but here is what I did.

Tape that Rhinestone Sticker Sheet down, you can see I stuck it down on my heavy duty mat and then added tape...and don't skimp on the size of the sheet you are using.  Trying to use a tiny scrap will not work (don't ask how I know that, LOL).
I created a custom setting "Buckle Boutique" on my dashboard and set the pressure to 146 and cut 2x. With those settings I was able to cut the above circle and all the circles on my composition book.

From there, it was really quite simple.  I covered the book with a bit of paper from Dena Designs for Darice and a bit of scrap ribbon I had lying around.
Added my circles and Ainsley's name that I cut using my Sizzix (you have seen me cut Rhinestone Sticker Sheets with the Sizzix before....definitely my fave way).
And I was done.  This project really came together in  no time.  I think I am still going to play around with the settings a bit more.  While I was able to consistently cut a circle, I haven't tried anything more complicated and that may take a bit of work.

Hugs.

No comments: