Friday, July 3, 2015

Patriotic Banner - 4th of July!

Ugh...I can't believe it is already July....where has the summer gone?  Things here are crazy busy with swim, and the season is flying by.   I haven't hardly taken any photos of the children...hopefully today as we are headed to the beach in a bit.  

Well, today I wanted to share this banner I made for Core'dinations.  I love the Basics Patterned papers...they are so fun and suit my every paper need.  OMG....and the new Tim Holtz Metallics....swoon!  They are gorgeous to say the least.  
banner_angle-1024x680
Patriotic Banner Supplies:
banner_suppliesStep 1:  Cut Patterned papers into circle shapes.  I chose to alternate the pattern by doing some large red and some large blue.  The largest circles were cut to 6 inches.  The white Polka Dot Pops to 4 inches and the inside circles to 3 inches.  I cut enough circles to make 8 completed pennants. (four of each color and eight of the white).
banner_cut_circlesStep 2:  Cut 16 stars from the Tim Holtz Metallic Kraft Core paper.  Don't those stars look like metal?  I have a project in mind for more of this paper, as soon as I find the time.
banner_starsStep 3:  Assemble your circles by layering the colored circles.   I created a large red circle with a blue center...
banner_redand a large blue circle with a red center, glue securely.  How fun is the mix of patterns.  There is something like 150 different papers in the set.  crazy, huh.
banner_blue
 Step 4:  Fold each set of circles in half and attach one of the Tim Holtz Metallic Kraft Core stars on each half.
banner_fold_star
Step 5:  Place twine through the folded circles and adhere the circle closed.  Be sure to add plenty of adhesive as you don't want your banner to unfold or your layers to peel back.
banner_stringThis little banner is so much fun, and by having the design on both sides it can easily be used in any location.


No comments: