Monday, March 16, 2015

Shabby Little Clipboard

Hi everyone!   Are you ready for the weekend?  I sure am.  But before I rush off I wanted to share with you how I decorated one of the fabulous new Clipboards from Clear Scraps
Clipboard_clearscraps_nancy keslin_final
Step 1:  Stamp the backside of  clipboard with a music staff and white Staz-on ink.  I used a stamp from Prima Marketing that I have had in my stash for quite some time.
Clipboard_clearscraps_nancy keslin_stamp back
Step 2:  Collage back of clipboard with papers (I chose some scraps of Prima Almanac).  Stamp front of clipboard with Butterfly stamp, this one from Stampers Annonymous and Tim Holtz, and black Staz-on.  Because the papers are on the backside, and the stamping is all done in a solvent based ink, the final project won't just be beautiful, but functional as well.  
Clipboard_clearscraps_nancy keslin_stamp front
Step 3:  Create bead dangle by threading beads onto a head pin and forming loop.  I love adding that extra bit of sparkle from beads and crystals to my projects.  They just make everything shine.  
Clipboard_clearscraps_nancy keslin_headpin
Step 4:  Feed headpin through fibers and tie the fibers to clip of the clipboard.  Embellish with flowers. 
Clipboard_clearscraps_nancy keslin_angle
Finally I wrapped more fibers and a small word band (again, Tim Holtz)  around the bottom section of the clipboard and glued.  I would love to see how you chose to embellish your next clipboard.

No comments: