Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Little Birdhouse - Sizzix

Hi everyone!  Hope you are having a great day.  Today I wanted to share with you a little house I made with a few Sizzix dies that I was sent from Sizzix after CHA.  
I made this house out the ScoreBoards XL Canister die and the Scoreboards XL Cupcake Stand.  I began by die cutting the necessary pieces from the Little Sizzles 6x13" white MatBoard.  The MatBoard gives the final project a great weight and is sturdy enough to stand up to quite a bit of abuse. You need two of the box sides and two of the stands to complete the project.  I did not use the canister top nor the banners.
After cutting the matboard I die cut the same pieces from my patterened paper.  I needed to make four of the cupcake stand pieces to cover all the sides, front and back.  I placed once cutting pad under my die, then my die, my paper and finally the additional cutting pad.  This allowed me to ensure that I was cutting exactly the pieces I needed in the colors I wanted.
I adhered the papers to the MatBoard with a strong adhesive.
To assemble my canister I began by creating the folds needed and applied a strong adhesive on the edges.
To add the stand to the canister I placed more adhesive along the top of the stand...
And simply added the canister on top.
To embellish my little house I used diecuts from the Kitchen Labels set that I embellished with a bit of glitter.
Finally I added a few flowers from my stash as well as a drawer knob that I had left from another project.
I am very pleased with this sweet little house and look forward to adding it to my collection.

Hugs.

Nancy

Items Used:
Sizzix Big Shot Machine Powder Blue and Teal
Sizzix Scoreboards XL Die Canister
Sizzix Scoreboards XL Die Cupcake Stand & Pennant
Sizzix Framelits Die Set 7 PK Labels, Kitchen
Sizzix Little Sizzles Mat Board Pack
Sizzix Cutting Pads, Extended
Standard Magnetic Platform for Wafer- Thin Dies
Patterened Papers - Crate Paper Random
Flowers -

No comments: