Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Rustic Fall Banner - Coredinations

Hi everyone!  Hope you are having a great week!  Things here are fabulous...ok, maybe not fabulous, but good.  The holidays are rapidly approaching and we are crazy busy with all that that entails.  Lots of school projects, holiday projects and of course crafting and creating,  Anyway,,,,today I wanted to share with you this Rustic Fall Banner I made for Core'dinations!  This is a simple project that takes just a bit of time to create, and can be expanded to fit just about any theme.  Fall-banner
Rustic Fall Banner Supplies:
fall_banner_coredinations_nancy keslin_supplies Step 1.  Cut Kraft cardstock to 4×6 and emboss with the wood grain embossing folder.  I used Tim Holtz Wood Grain Texture Fade.fall banner_cut_emboss_nancy keslin_coredinations_edited-1 Step 2.  Create pennant shape by marking the center of the rectangle one inch from the bottom, draw lines to to the corners, and cut.  This is how I create all the banners that I use and can easily be adapted to any size bunting.  This shape is quite popular in scrapbooking and I use it all the time.  A centering ruler really comes in handy here.fall_banner_pennant_nancy keslin_coredinations_edited-2 Step 3.  Cut letters for word or sentiment from black cardstock in your favorite font and center on pennants.  I used my Cricut to cut these, but any die cut machine, manual or electric would work.  Or you could use precut alphabets.fall_banner_letters_nancy keslin_coredinations_edited-1 Step 4.  Score top of pennant at 1/2 inch.  This will create a pocket for your cord.  You don't really need the pocket, but I find it gives the finished project a much more finished look.  You could poke holes in the pennant and string through that if you like.fall_banner_score_nancy keslin_coredinations_edited-1 Step 5.  Run cord through all the pennants and seal with glue, or for extra interest sew closed.  I chose to sew my pocket closed as it added a bit of interest. fall_banner_coredinations_nancy keslin_string
Step 6.  Tie cinnamon sticks in a small bundle and thread onto cording, one at each end.  They give the banner of lovely fragrance.fall_banner_coredinations_nancy keslin_cinnamon sticks
Step 7. Finish by clipping bird next to the cinnamon sticks.  This just gave the ends some weight so that I could swag the banner across my mantle, but the birds and cinnamon sticks are really just for embellishment.
fall_banner_coredinations_nancy keslin_birdThat's it....all done!  And so easy.  

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs.

Nancy

No comments: