Friday, November 7, 2014

Friends Mean the World -Clear Scraps

Hi everyone!  Hope you are preparing for a great weekend!  Ours is pretty much the usual, swim meets.....
Friends_wordboard_clearscraps_nancy keslin
The minute my youngest saw this beautiful acrylic piece from Clear Scraps, Ainsley claimed it for her own.   I decided to really girl it up, with just a bit of grunge (she is a teen afterall).  And since her room is done in black and white, little pops of color are always great.
Friends_wordframe_nancy keslin_clearscraps_embellishment
After collaging the word frame with bits of tissue paper from Ranger, I used Faber Castell gelattos to add just a bit of color.  And then finished with a bit of ink.
Friends_wordframe_gelattos_nancy keslin_clearscraps
I used the 6"Spiral Dots Mascil from Clear Scraps with both some white crackle paint as well as some bead medium to add interest and texture.  This was one of those projects I just kept building layers on.  So much fun and the clear acrylic gives it so much depth.
Friends_wordboard_stencil_nancy keslin_clearscraps
Finally, I embellished the whole thig with some beautiful Kaisercraft Blu Belle stickers and loads of Prima flowers and resins and of course a little bit of sparkle with some Stickles.  hee hee
Friends_wordframe_nancy keslin_clearscraps_embellishment
I really hope she likes it in her room.

No comments: