Monday, June 30, 2014

Posy Holder DIY Wedding

Good morning!  I hope your day is off to a great start.  Today I wanted to share with you this tutorial I made for Darice featuring gorgeous Core'dinations papers, Martha Stewart trims, and the most adorable little chalk boards. 
Wedding-aisle-decor-Darice
Posy wedding aisle decoration supplies:

Step 1: To form the cone, I used a large plate to trace a 1/2 circle out of the Whitewash Coredination's  paper (my plate was about 11 inches).  I love the soft, shabby look this paper has once sanded.  I cut a small piece out of the circle to make it less bulky when rolled.
Wedding-aisle-decor-Darice-1
Step 2:  After sanding, I placed a piece of double sided tape on the back side of the semi circle across one of the edges.  This will hold the cone together and create a clean seam.

Wedding-aisle-decor-Darice-2
Step 3:  Roll the cone tightly, being sure to keep a nice point at the bottom.  Once rolled you can do any additional sanding necessary, but it really is much easier to sand the flat surface..
Wedding-aisle-decor-Darice-3
Step 4:  Embellish the top of the cone with a bit of the lace duct tape and some flower ribbon.

Wedding-aisle-decor-Darice-4
Step 5:  For the bottom of the cone, I made a smaller cone using the same technique with a doily.  I poked a couple of holes into the bottom of the cone and then threaded a jump ring through it.  I used a headpin through the pearl bead to create a dangle.
Wedding-aisle-decor-Darice-5
Step 6:  For the finaly embellishment, I used Zip Dry to attach a small piece of the leaf ribbon, some pearls, and a large flower to the chalkboard tag and clipped to the cone.
Wedding-aisle-decor-Darice-1
To hang the cone, you can use either more of the small string pearls or the ribbons.  For this one, I chose the pearl string.  All that is left is to fill your posy decoration.

Wedding-aisle-decor-Darice-2
Such a fun and special item for that perfect day!

1 comment:

Heather Landry said...

This was a great project idea! It can be super hard to find inexpensive, lovely ways to decorate for a wedding. Fabulously executed!