Friday, June 6, 2014

Countdown to Disney Tri Fold Frame

Happy Friday everyone!  Wow, this week has just flown by.  Today I want to share with you a project I made for Clear Scraps.  I love this Tri Fold Mouse Frame, and with our upcoming trip to Disney, I couldn't resist creating a countdown calendar.  Yes, I know my littles aren't so little, but it is still fun to countdown the days till we spend some quality time with Mickey!  lol
  Disney_tri fold frame_clearscraps_nancy keslin
I love that with the tri fold I could have sections for both photos as well as the "countdown".   Of course, I needed to add an old photo when they really were little, as well as a more recent shot with Mickey.
Disney_clearscraps_tri frame_nancy keslin
To add the "countdown" I carefully drilled small holes in the acrylic while the paper was still protecting both sides and then inserted my cup hooks.  The acrylic easily held the hooks in place.  Then, I just added a bound set of numbers, 0-9 to each hook that I made with my Bind-it-All.  A bit of baker's twine holds them in place.
Disney_triframe_clearscraps_nancy keslin
So, how does your family plan for Disney?  Do you do a countdown?

1 comment:

LisiB said...

This looks so amazing! I bet you will have a great time. My kids have never been to Disney. Just cannot afford it (either pay for an excellent school or go to Disney!)