Friday, March 7, 2014

Window Box Wall Decor - Sizzix

Good Morning everyone!  Woo Hoo!!!  It is Friday!!!!  So glad for the weekend.  No big plans, which is a nice change to be honest.

Today I wanted to share with you a sweet little Home Decor piece I made using the Window Box die from Eileen Hull for Sizzix.  This die is just so adorable, I couldn't wait to play.

Are you familiar with that cookie commercial...."get to the good part faster?"  The decorating?  Well, I started using matboard from Sizzix and let me tell you....It makes getting to the good part that much faster.

Matboard comes in a few different colors.  I chose a white 6x13 piece for my project, since I knew I wanted a white window.  Having the matboard already cut to the perfect size, the color being right, and the fact that it embosses beautifully (here I used the Wood Grain texture fade) meant I could get to assembling and decorating much more quickly.
A quick swipe of some Walnut Ink distress ink over the high points on my window....
And a more heavy hand with Tumbled Glass on the Window Box
 before a quick swipe of Walnut Stain to distress.....
With the help of the simple instructions on the die package I was quickly able to assemble and embellish this burlap panel I found at my local Michaels.
 Perfect for holding a few little odds and ends; a little note, a photo of my beautiful daughter and whatever else may show up.

I added just a few Prima flowers and a bit of bling to finish everything off.  So bright and spring like. 
Thanks for stopping by today.

Hugs.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Gorgeous! This makes me want to get my die out and start creating. I love that you applied it to a canvas, I never thought to do that!
Hugs,
Kristina

eileen hull said...

Great tutorial Nancy and beautiful project!

Heather Landry said...

M is growing up too fast! I really love the window frame. I agree with Kristina, putting it on a canvas and jazzing it up was a great idea.