Friday, January 17, 2014

Prima ArtVenture - Part 1

Hi everyone!  Well, as you may know, I spent a few days last week in Anaheim enjoying both CHA and the Prima Art'Venture event.  So much fun and so much inspiration.  Just in case you were curious, I wanted to share some of the items I made during  this event.  You wouldn't believe all the goodies we received to create with, not to mention the goodie bag (working on a video of that haul now).  Anyway, these classes were all project based, so if you look around the web and see other people's projects...well...now you know why they all look so similar.  lol

This first project is an art journal we made in Anna Dabrowska's class.  This is the second class I have down with Anna and she is just wonderful... so creative.


 `
 You can't really tell from these photos, but there is great shine and it is much more inky black in real life.  Needless to say, Mackenzie grabbed this as her own.

Here is the project we made with Frank Garcia.  I need to find a frame so that this can hang in my bedroom. This is the first class I have taken with Frank and he is so way fun.




Next up, Nathalie Kalbach.  OK, she has got to be about the cutest thing ever!  Poor dear was not feeling well and this was the last class on the last day.  But she is so much fun and just pushed through.  Love her.


I came home and added a few items from my stash for this project...leaves, more flowers and a bit of bling.  Not sure I love it, but maybe once I get it into a frame?  Not sure the teal and green are really "me".

While all the classes were very project based, we did learn a few techniques.  Both Anna and Nathalie had us painting over our embellishments to change the color.  Anna with black gesso and then mists, Nathalie with white gesso and  chalk ink.  And Frank had us working the craft knife on our papers.  

If you ever get a chance to go to one of these events, I would highly recommend it.  

Well, back to work for me.

Hugs.

Nancy

4 comments:

LisiB said...

Those projects look GREAT! I had the chance to work both with Natalie and Anna and I lOVED what I learned!

Heather Landry said...

These projects are all GORGEOUS, but my fav has to be the layout of you and Phil wity your sunglasses on. So stinkin' sweet! It's neat to see your wedding picture and then see the two of you still so happy together.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

It was wonderful to have you and i love the outcome of the project in my class :) Paint over if you do not like teal ;) Remember- embrace your different taste!

barbara macaskill said...

Such gorgeous creations!!! Love the journal!! Would love to be able to attend one of these events! In my dreams!!! TFS!