Monday, January 27, 2014

Gelli Plate

I started out the year so strong and now look at me...the month is not even up and I am terribly late today with a post.  lol  Blame it on my crazy weekend.  The boy was home from college so we spent lots of time hanging out, being a family...and we went to Cirque de Soleil.  I know...excuses.  lol

You may notice that I am working on a new blog design.  So hard...and all I do is tell my good friend Heather what to do...the poor thing just has to listen to me whine and complain about what I want it to look like.  Thank goodness she is such a good friend to get this done for me.  Big hugs and shout out!!!!

Today I have just a quick share.  I finally broke down and purchased a Gelli Plate.  After watching so many others use it, especially on the CJS videos (you still have time to sign up...) I had to try one for myself.  So much fun.  I used a big foam stamp from Donna Downey and the bottom of my paint bottle to make the design.  Loves!!!!!  Of course didn't know what to do with it once I made it...but I made it, lol, and that is what counts.


gelli plate, creative jump start, monoprintingart journal, monoprinting, shoes,

I really like the background before I added the photo...but I do love my shoes.  roflmao  I think I may move some stuff around and see if I like it better.  sigh  I used some gorgeous Liquitex acrylic paints for the color, and of course, the bottom of my bottle of Liquitex gesso created the circles.  lol

OK, well...it is the middle of the day, so I really should be getting something productive done.

Hugs.

Nancy

4 comments:

Heather Landry said...

I'm very glad that you like it! Don't forget to remove me as an admin now that we're finished.

Unknown said...

I love the distress tool !

Nathalie Kalbach said...

wonderful - thank your for being part of CJS 2014!

mandysea said...

The background is amazing... so is the orange colour...ooh AND the shoes! this is a fun creation.