Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Embossing and Gelatos

Hi everyone! Today I want to share with you a project I made using Faber Castell Gelatos and embossing. Did you know that the embossing will resist the Gelatos? For this project you will need a canvas (I always gesso first so that my mediums can move more freely), your stamp, embossing liquid and embossing powder (I used UTEE today)

First thing, stamp your image with the embossing pad onto your canvas and cover with your embossing powder.

You can use a color if you like, but I decided to leave mine clear.

Be sure and heat your embossing powder completely. You want it to be nice and shiny when it is done.
When it cools, you can add color with your Gelatos. Remember, as long as you stick with either warm, or cool, you won’t get mud. I chose three different colors, red, orange and yellow in layers to get an ombre effect.

Before trying to blend the colors, I misted lightly with water…just to get things moving.
Using my fingers, so that I can get in all the little crevices of my embossed image, I worked from top to bottom; too much movement back and forth and I would have mixed my colors all up. Which would have been fun, but wouldn't have had the same effect


After I blended all my colors, I just quickly went over my canvas with a baby wipe. The wipe will remove the color from the top of the embossed image….go lightly, or you will begin to remove some of the color from the canvas as well.

I then added layers of paper, lace and a fun die cut that I highlighted with another Gelato and my Pitt Pen. I
really wanted the image to **POP**.

I die cut and colored a few flowers with Gelatos and voila! DH and I in Paris.

Thanks for stopping by today and sharing with me.  If you would like to learn more fun techniques like these, you should check out Creative Jump Start.

Hugs.

Nancy

3 comments:

Heather Landry said...

This is such a cool tutorial! I love the ombre design and you two are adorable together.

Cook Scrap Craft said...

That is such a cool effect!

Rita Barakat said...

Gorgeous! Did you post this on the Faber Castell Design Memory Craft FB page? you should!