Wednesday, November 28, 2012

That Barbie - She Really Does Have Everything


Hi everyone!  Today to share with you a project I made for my Ainsley and her Barbie collection.

If you are like me and have a girl that loves Barbie, you are probably always finding shoes, purses, and jewelry lying around.  It seems there is no "good" way to organize these items.  So, I decided to create a little "dresser" for Barbie to hold some of her accessories in;  you know, those shoes, brushes, and other accessories that always seem to be getting misplaced.  And besides...what girl doesn't need a little shabby goodness to help with her organization.
I used the Candy Box Sizzix die (don't forget to ask Kristina from Your Memories Here to pick one up for you if you don't have it) to create three separate boxes.  I painted the boxes and then covered them using the gorgeous Cashmere Dame collection from Glitz papers.
After painting the top with a coat of Rock Candy Crackle Paint I added some beautiful Prima blooms and bling 
And finally a few buttons to the drawer fronts to complete the look.  These drawers are actually quite large and will easily hold dozens of Barbie shoes in each compartment.

What girl wouldn't love holding some little treasures in these sweet boxes?  And, I have more boxes planned in the coming weeks.  I know you are going to want this die.  hee hee

Hugs.

Nancy

1 comment:

LisiB said...

What a fabulous idea! Just the other day I was wondering how to help DD to keep her stuff more organized (AKA keeping it out of reach of our little boy!)

So pretty and so useful. Thanks for sharing!!!