Thursday, August 16, 2012

Mixed Media

Hi everyone!  Trying to get back into the swing of things around here.  Life has been a bit hectic with back to school.  I spent what seemed like hours yesterday going through books trying to find all the materials I would need for Ainsley this year.  This is the third time I have taught 6th grade and over the years the books have scattered throughout the house.  I guess that is what happens.  Hard to believe this is our 11th year.  Brighton is a senior, Mackenzie a freshman...and Ainsley....my baby.....6th grade.  **cry**

Anyway.....

A few weeks ago I took a class at my LSS from Anna Dabrowska, a mixed media class....a grungy class.....and this is what I made using a Prima album and lots of Luminarte products.
A mixed media Art Journal.  A bit more grungy that I probably would have done on my own...but Anna came by and was like, and I quote, "Why so delicate?"  And then she encouraged me to go grungeier  (is that even a word?) by adding more paint.
 Anyway...it was tons of fun, and definitely not something I would have done on my own.  But.....
 The inside pages I was a little more comfortable with.  Not quite a grungy and still lots of fun techniques.
And of course lots of mists and stamps.  hee hee

Did you know you can pick up an Art Journal (blank of course) just like this from the Your Memories Here store?  I think I may grab another for later...or Ainsley....Did I tell you she is doing mixed media now as well?  Lord help us.  hee hee

OK, back to it.

Hugs.

Nancy


2 comments:

LisiB said...

Wow! This project is truly our of your comfort zone. You did a fabulous job there.

I understand your stress with homeschooling - being a mom, housekeeper, maid for everything and homeschool is a tough job. You must be supermom. What will Brighton do after this year? Good luck with 6th grade.... She is not your baby anymore......

Luz Maria Bruna said...

What a cool and fabulous project Nancy!!