Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Shrinky Dinks and Distress Inks

oh!  That rhymes!!!  lol  Anyway....Hi!  Today I wanted to share with you a little tutorial on using Distress Stains with shrink plastic.  Ainsley has a bunch of shrink plastic lying around and has been making some super cute jewelry.  Well, I saw some scraps lying on my desk and thought, hmmmmmm.  So I cut the plastic with my Tim Holtz Sizzix Gear die and....

You will need your Distress Stains, heat gun, craft sheet and your shrink plastic.
 First, lay out some Distress stain onto a craft mat.
 Drag your cut outs through the distress stains.  You will get a variety of colors onto the shrink plastic.
 After heating with your heat gun (which I find much quicker and easier than using the oven, gotta love that).
You end up with a super cute embellishment.

I will be back next Wednesday to show you what I did with these, but until then......

Hugs.

Nancy

2 comments:

cnelson said...

What a great idea! TFS!

Heather Landry said...

Oh great! Now I want to make Shrinky Dinks. LOL (Just so I can say I used the Distress Inks that I had to buy.)