Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Once Upon a Time....

I was on a roll.  I had bunches of scrapbook projects done, I was blogging most every day....and then...low and behold....life came up and smacked me around a bit.  lol

Seriously tho, sorry I have been MIA, but things have been a bit crazy.  Both girls decided they wanted room makeovers, which is understandable I guess since Mackenzie has had those fairies on her wall since she was 3. hee hee  So, before we get the new carpets installed upstairs (week after Thanksgiving), we decided we should paint.  Ugggghhhh, I don't really mind the actual painting part, it is the packing and moving everything out of the rooms.  sigh.  And those girls are pack rats!  Well, both rooms are now painted so it is time for the excuses to end.

Tomorrow on Ideas for Scrapbookers our Designer Showcase is metal.  Be sure and sneak over there and see everyone's gorgeous projects.  Here is mine.  I used a metal key from Prima as well as some older photo turns.
Glitz Designs Lady Grace collection, Prima lace, key, flowers, alpha, leaves, Tattered Angels glimmer mist in Sugar Maple and Candlelight, unknown photo turns.  
This is the view from our veranda on the Alaskan Cruise we went on in August.  Lovely.  What a beautiful end to an incredibly wonderful day.  I used a sketch from Pencil lines for this project.  Beautiful Glitz papers with bits of Prima lace and flowers were perfect for this photo.  And I had been wanting to use this paper forever.  I used a bit of Glimmer Mist on the larger flower to change the color a bit.  It didn't come out quite like I had expected, but, oh well.

Be sure and stop back tomorrow as I for sure have another project ready to share.

Hugs.

Nancy

1 comment:

Heather Landry said...

I'm caught up on your blog now with this comment because I'm the best friend EVAH. LOL I loved this layout. I think the Glimmer Mist on the big flower came out beautifully!