Sunday, November 13, 2011

Another Canvas

Well, I finished the three week She Art class.  So, so much fun!  And just in time being that She Art 2 starts this week!
I made this canvas for a friend of mine who went back to school to become a nurse later in life and is really enjoying it. Since starting this class I knew I wanted to make a nurse, and I knew I wanted her to be in a more vintage style uniform.  Something about making a girl in scrubs just didn't do it for me. hee hee
Not sure I really love the way the hospital came out, but....oh well.  I love the canvas anyway. 
And, I am having a great time using all the rub ons I have been hoarding forever.  I don't love using them on my scrapbook pages as they never seem to go on quite right, but on my canvases...no worries.  And my scrap paper that is overflowing...it to has a new life.  There is no way I could ever paint all the details.  hee hee

Well, now that this project is done, Ainsley has conscripted me into making art for her room.  She wants birds and girls.  We purchased some huge canvases to do them on.  eeek!  All that white is a bit unnerving.  I guess I should get to work.

Hope you are having a productive day.

Hugs.

Nancy

2 comments:

LisiB said...

so sweet, i am sure your friend will love it!

Heather Landry said...

I just know she's going to adore it to bits Nancy. You did an amazing job!!!!