Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A4 Paper, A Confession

Hi everyone.  Hope you are having a great day.  Here it is rainy and cold, perfect crafting weather.

I have a confession to make.  I truly didn't know how I felt about the new A4 paper size that Prima has been releasing.  I am a 12x12 scrapper.  I need my paper to be 12x12...right?  But then I got to thinking, I have to cut my papers to pieces because it isn't like I am going to layer all the full sheets one on top of the other.  And what about the back sides?  I love those as well.  So, for me, I decided the A4 pads are the perfect way to go.  There are so many sheets in the pad, 48 sheets/3 per design.  I get the fronts and the backs, the price is great (about $10 per pad) and, not so much guilt for cutting into a page because, well, I still have two sheets of the pattern left!  As well as the 3 "backsides".

Yep, I am a convert.  The paper is a great weight, a little lighter than the double sided sheets, but that offers up so many additional possibilities.  One of which I will be back to share soon.  I am a convert!  

So, What did I make with my first A4 pad?

I love this photo of Brighton and Ainsley.  You can just see the caring in Brighton's face.  Obviously Ainsley knows I am taking the photo, but I am not sure that Brighton did.  You can't fake that kind of affection.
Prima Marketing, Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Webster's Pages journaling tag,  Unknown Ribbon
I used tons of goodies from the Prima Grab Bag I purchased at Your Memories Here.  The Londonerry A4 paper stack, beautiful Prima blooms, the fabulous new Prima resins, some of the new Prima resist canvas, and a few Prima jewels!
 I must say that this grab bag is brimming with fun!  I seriously couldn't wait to jump in and play.
I stitched on all my papers after some serious distressing with my new Tim Holtz LE ink in Gathered Twig (from the fall collection).  

Well, off to get a few things done.

Hugs.

Nancy

4 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

I wasn't aware they were making A4. Why?! Your LO is great and you bring up good points about the size, but I'm not convinced A4 is better than 12x12. I want the option to use paper as a background! Looking forward to seeing what else you show us using A4.

Heather Landry said...

I think your page is gorgeous. The A4 option is very appealing for card makers too. I can't wait to see what else you do with it. That photo of A and B is just so special!

LisiB said...

I am amazed by your LO. The layering is superb and the photo is such a precious one. I started out scrapping in A4 but I hated the fact that all the neat borders of the 12x12 papers had to be cut up. I am now a convinced 12x12 scrapper. But I love seeing what you do with it.

Darlene S. said...

I love to capture moments like this! Such a tender photo, the layout matches it perfectly!