Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Distress Inks Make me Happy

I know, I use distress inks a lot...they are really one of my favorite products.  I seem to use them almost daily.  Why?  because I feel they add so much to my projects.

I was recently working on this layout of my son.  The papers are beautiful, but they don't have much depth and in my option, and for my scrappy style, they don't blend together.  They are beautiful, but......
Tim Holtz Kraft Resist paper, Authentique patterned papers
So, I used my foam inking tool and a few different colors of distress ink in blues and browns and came up with this.
Tim Holtz Kraft Resist paper, Authentique patterned papers, Basic Grey alphabet,  Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and Tag.  Custom dyed seam binding
Now the colors blend seamlessly.  I was also able to add a quick swipe of ink over some naked chipboard to blend it into the layout.   I also added a bit of ink, as well as some Tattered Angels Glimmer mist to my tag to blend it in as well.

I really like the inked layout so much better.  That said, my dh...he likes the one without the ink.  I guess it takes all kinds.  So....which do you like better?

Hugs.

Nancy

2 comments:

sarah said...

i like the inked version better. :) you're absolutely right -- it's seamless...

and when do we get to see those alaska pics, you lucky girl!!

hugs,
sarah.

Heather Landry said...

I love the inked one. It's pretty either way but the inked one is just more cohesive and lovely! Awesome job Nancy!