Wednesday, August 10, 2011

bloggity, blog, blog, bloggin

Hey everyone, I hope things are going well for everyone.  I can't believe that summer is almost over.  Soon the children will be back in the pool.  Until then, the children are growing like weeds!   I swear, I measured...Mackenzie has grown an inch in the last 48 hours.  Crazy, huh!

Speaking of growing, my little niece Lili is growing so fast.  Last spring, we went to see Mackenzie perform in the Ballet San Jose School performance of Silly Simon.  Since then, Lili has been addicted to ballet.  The other day Lili came over and the girls all decided to play dress up.  Well, you know that Lili had to be a ballerina.  And I had to take photos.  I used lots of older Prima Papers from the Your Memories Here store, as well as beautiful Prima flowers, butterflies, trims and a few Melissa Frances resin pieces.
Prima Papers, flowers, butterflies, trims, Melissa Frances resins
 I tried a new technique on this layout.  You know I have used my masks to stamp before....today I decided to try embossing at the same time.  I began by spraying my mask with a bit of mist.
 I formed my sandwich, this step took a while....trying to figure out the right thickness to get a good embossing.  I ended up with the cutting platform tab 1, my mask, the paper, the rubber mat and then finally, the purple plate.  I didn't get quite as deep an emboss as I would have liked, but.....
 And, after a quick trip through my machine.....


Hugs.

Nancy

2 comments:

Luz Maria Bruna said...

What a sweet and cute layout Nancy,great technique!!

Heather Landry said...

Love the blog title! LOL I really love the layout too. Your niece is absolutely adorable and the way you embossed with the misting template... SO COOL!