Monday, June 20, 2011

Sewing Patterns

Recently, my girls got the idea into their head to do some sewing.  Well, that has left us with a bit of sewing pattern paper.  I thought it would be fun to use this to make some flowers.  I started with some old dress pattern paper and a die for a simple flower (you can also use a punch but be sure to punch quite a few layers at a time.  Circles or scallops would also work.

I cut a bunch of these out.  You will need about 20 shapes for each flower.  I found that if you use too many you just end up with a big ball of paper.  
Poke a hole in the center of the flowers.
Add a brad to hold the layers together.
And scrunch and play with the layers until you get the desired look.


You may remember these from last week?  



Thanks for dropping in.  I have some projects on my desk, so keep your fingers crossed.


Hugs.


Nancy

2 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Cute! How's the kitchen remodel going?

Heather Landry said...

I am totally going to have to try this! Lord knows I'm not using the patterns to actually SEW anything. LOL