Friday, June 17, 2011

Oh Goodness

Time is getting away from me.  These early mornings are just about doing me in.  The days are flying by.  Luckily, yesterday flew by in a haze of creativity.  I managed to get a few pages completed.  Woo hoo!!!  It felt so good.

This first one is based on my good friend Heather's sketch for Scraptastic.   They have got some of the cutest kits.  You really should check them out!  And yep, that is me....almost 45.  Hard to believe.  When did I get so old?
Fancy Pants- It's the Little Things Collection, Misc.- trim, American Crafts - numbers, Carolee's Creation - tiny alphas
This next one is another of Heather's fabulous sketches!  Heather!!!  Thanks so much for helping me be so productive!  Your sketches rawk!  This is Ainsley....who, when she gets mad, packs her bag so she can move out.  sigh....  I don't know whether to laugh or cry when she does this, so I decided to take photos.  I convinced her about 1/2 way down the block that she really shouldn't run away barefoot as her feet might get cold, so she came back.
Fancy Pants- It's the Little Things Collection, Prima - Lace, bling, Carolee's Creation - foam alpha, Jenni Bowlin - tiny alpha
 And finally, a Pencil Line's sketch.  My darlings at Goofy's Kitchen in DisneyLand.


Oh, and before I run off to take some photos of my almost 1/2 installed kitchen cabinets.....Some news.

It is that time again!
We are looking for a few talented layout and card designers for Sassy Lil' Sketches and Sassy Lil' Card Sketches.

How to apply for our August '11 to January '12 Sassy Team
Please send an e-mail to sassylilsketches@gmail.com with the following information
by JULY 7th:
1) specify LAYOUT or CARD DT in e-mail subject line
2) your full name
3) your email address
4) your blog address (or online gallery if you do not have a blog)
5) a short bio
6) one layout or card (depending on which team in which you are applying) based 
on any Sassy Lil' Sketch/Sassy Lil' Card Sketch on our blogs. Please include the date of the sketch you used.
7) one layout or card (depending on the team in which you are applying) that showcases your individual style.

We welcome international applicants.

Sassy Lil' Sketches expectations:
1) Layout Sassies: Create one layout a month based on a Sassy Lil' Sketch.
Card Sassies: Create two cards a month based on 
Sassy Lil' Card Sketches.
2) Share your monthly Sassy Lil' Sketch creation(s) on your blog and any online galleries which will allow you to do so.
3) Join our Sassy Lil' Sketches Forum. While active participation is not a requirement, it is encouraged. The forum is how we will communicate with our Sassy DT. 

A note from us:
Our sketches are designed by Cherie to be shared with the scrappy world. We maintain the two sketch blogs for fun and inspiration. At this time there is no compensation for our Sassy DT members except the pure joy in inspiring others to create. We hope you will apply to be one of our Sassies!
Thank you,
Cherie and Katie

4 comments:

Jessica Carter said...

Nancy....I love all 3 of your layouts. I can't wait til my kids get to that age of wanting to pack their bags and "fly away".....not looking forward to that....thanks for playing along with us!

LisiB said...

What great LOs you have created! I am not sure if I share Scraptastics thoughts on "looking foraward " to the age when kids just want to pack their bags when they get angry.....

Katie said...

Nancy, I am loving all three of these layouts, but especially the one of you!

Heather Landry said...

Well I love both of your pages and I appreciate you using my sketches. It's always fun to see what you come up with.

Plus, No way do you look 45. No way! Are you sure? I don't believe it!