Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Long time....

Hi everyone!  Sorry I haven't been around much lately.  But with the end of school and the start of morning swim...couple that with some funky weather and a horrible cold that had me in bed for two days......

Well, enough about that.  Here is a fun layout I just completed using a sketch from Once Upon a Sketch.  I used some fun papers from Crate Paper for their color challenge and a bunch of Prima flower.  I love all the different styles of flowers that Prima makes and had a great time mixing them together with some Maya Road on this layout.  
Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe, Prima Marketing florals, Maya Road flower (large pink), American Crafts Thickers.
I added in a few Prima pearls and a fun little Prima bird that I painted with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.  I also painted a white Prima rose with the same Glimmer Mist to make it match a bit better.


I love the way all these pink and yellow florals played off my niece's photo.

Oh, did I mention that we are now 1 1/2 weeks without a kitchen?  I showed you what my kitchen looked like once upon a time.  How about a photo of what it looked like at the end of last week?

Lovely huh?  Well, let me say, the few days my contractor has been here this week didn't help it much.  hee hee




I now have electrical boxes, and new recessed lighting (I had cans before, but they were incandescent, which is a huge no-no now.)
And this monster duct is for my new vent hood.   Much bigger than the old one, but then my new range is much bigger as well.  Tomorrow they run the gas line.  Then inspection and we can begin on making things pretty.  Drywall and cabinets next week...I should have appliances by the end of the month.  Cross your fingers.

Hugs.

Nancy

13 comments:

Irini said...

Hey there Nancy!
I love your layout so soft pretty and feminine and blending so well with the photo.....fabulous.....thank you so much for playing along with us at Once Upon A...Sketch!

Unknown said...

Nancy, what an adorable photo to scrap! You did a fantastic job! Thank you for playing along! ~Gerry~

Kerryn said...

How sweet is the photo! Yummy papers, yummy flowers, gorgeous page :).

Nadia Cannizzo said...

SUPER SUPER cute! I love the picture. The colours you have chosen are so soft and feminine. Just perfect for this page. Gorgeous. Lovely blog by the way! Thanks for playing along at Once Upon A..Sketch!

Heather said...

Beautiful layout!

phamil said...

Beautiful page, and I know redoing a kitchen is not fun, and it's hard work! Good luck with the project!

hilde janbroers said...

what a sweet and beautiful layout!

Heather Landry said...

Your kitchen is coming along well and I really LOVE your layout. Miss Lili is super cute and I looooooooove all of the flowers!

sandi said...

Wow! This is just so pretty! I love the look of those flowers near that sweet, sweet pic!

Ella Swan said...

Wow this is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing with Once Upon a Sketch!!

Irma said...

Pure cuteness!
Thanks for playing along with us at Once Upon a Sketch!

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Wow!!! Your page is so lovely the photo is great!!!I love the the flower is os pretty!!!
I came from Once upon....and I enjoy everything in your blog.
I´m follower now.!!!
I wish a wonderful weekend.
Kisses and huges from Brazil
Cynthia

Bellaidea said...

Hi! It`s my first visit and I like a lot your work!