Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Let's Get Distressed

When Kristina told me that the Your Memories Here store would begin carrying Tim Holtz distress inks I was thrilled.  These are a tool that I use on just about every layout I make.  So, I thought it would be fun to share with you a few different ways to use them.   Today, let's start with a simple distress.

For this technique you will need your inks, a water mister (I picked mine up at the dollar store) and a heat tool.  I like to use water when I am distressing as I feel it gives the paper more of a worn texture.
Begin by crumpling your paper.  Here I chose to use a simple manila tag.  Remember to always start crumpling your paper from the center, it just makes it easier.  Next, simply rub the Distress pad over the project.  You can work with one color,
or layer them for more depth.
 next, mist with water...
then dry with your heat tool.  I find that drying the inks allows me to control the flow of the ink better.
 And finally, because I love a bit of bling, I spritzed my tag with a bit ofTattered Angels Glimmer Mist.
 a fun stamp....
and my tag is ready for a project.

And on the kitchen front....
 Not much happened to day to take a photo of, because a good portion of the day was spent hooking up gas and electric to .......


My new range!  So thrilled, six! full size burners.  ah.....
Well, off to do some tidying up before dh comes home.
Hugs.
Nancy

4 comments:

Heather Landry said...

Alright! That's enough blogging. LOL Cut it out woman! Hehe

I love your tag. I think it's gorgeous. I always forget about spraying with water to blend the colors!

Cynthia Lloréns said...

I just love the tutorial...so nice...I think your kitchen we will look so great!!!!I´m a chef and I love a wonderful kicthen!!!
I wish a wonderful day and a great weekend!!!
Kisses and huges from Brazil
Cynthia

Carla said...

Wow love the technique that you used on the tag, so gonna have to try that!

LisiB said...

Lovely tag! And you your kitchen will be fabulous!!! I am looking forward to reading your Monday Menus again! (hint, hint)

I am officially 13 weeks pregnant now and I am finally starting to feel better. The beginning was no fun (the hospital stays not either) but now things are looking a bit better and there is hope that this little one will stay.

Big hugs!