Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Leftovers

Hi everyone!  Today I am here with a quick card I made using some of the leftover items from the Altered Book Kit that I purchases at Your Memories Here and a few recycled objects.

I used packaging from Prima flowers for the base of my card.  The color is so pretty and there is a lovely design all the way around.   I attached two of the package inserts with some decorative tape to hold my card together.  A few bits of lace, some gorgeous flowers and a bit of Prima bling and my card was ready to go.
I also included the cup holder from my morning Starbucks that I swiped with a bit of white paint.  I love being "green".   Of course, I used my favorite Helmar 450 to hold it all together.

My sister's birthday is coming soon, and I think this may become her birthday card, although it could be used for just about anything.

And I bet you may be wondering about my kitchen remodel....well....today we officially began construction, or should I say, destruction.  lol

Here is a picture of my temporary kitchen.  Hooray me.  

And here is what my kitchen looked like this morning before we began.



I am going to miss being able to cook these next few weeks.  I am not really one for eating out so I see a lot of grilled food in our future.  

Thanks for stopping by.

Nancy

3 comments:

Carla said...

what a super fantastic card, love how you used the packaging from Prima, brillant!

Tara O said...

the care is fab...

I cannot imagine being without my kitchen for a few weeks. EEEEEK

Heather Landry said...

I know all of the hard stuff you're dealing with now will be worth it when your beautiful kitchen is finished. I can't wait to see it. Your card is so pretty. I'm sorry I didn't get to call you back this evening. My Aunt showed up at my house unexpectedly and I had company for the rest of the afternoon. I hope you have a great weekend Nancy!