Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Excuses, Excuses

I know my poor neglected blog...you have probably missed me.  Truth be told, between swim teams, the remodel, and...well...life (re. facebook).  I just haven't had the time I would like to scrap.  Guess the mojo is lacking?

Anyway....tomorrow is a big day in the kitchen remodel as my cabinets are being delivered!  I am so excited.  And a little..."I told you so". hee hee  I wanted a country kitchen, you know, white cabinets, granite countertops, tile backsplash.  And I wanted it shabby!  I bet you never would have guessed that part, huh?

Anyway....I wanted the white cabinets with a worn finish.  Everyone told me I was crazy, you wouldn't be able to tell, see the detail, blah, blah, blah.  Well, guess what?  They are fabulous (not that I have seen them).  They are the cabinet maker's and the finisher's new favorite painted treatment...so there!!!!!  neener, neener, neener!!!!

Speaking of shabby....I have a post today over on the Your Memories Here blog.  All about these tags I made for the Artsy Attics Butterfly swap on Facebook (see, told you...too much time on facebook).


And I will have a post next week on Ideas for Scrapbookers for making the sewing pattern flowers.

Oh, and there are new sketches up at Sassy Lil' Sketches!  And Sassy Lil' Card Sketches.

I have a layout or two to share, somewhere around here.  But I haven't had the time to photograph them yet...hopefully tomorrow.

Until then.

Hugs.

Nancy

2 comments:

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Your tags are so very pretty and vintage!!!

Ideas for Scrapbookers said...

I looove the tags and I totally can't wait to see the finished cabinets. I am NOT surprised about the shabby thing. LOL