Monday, May 9, 2011

Such a Great Weekend

I don't know what you did this last weekend...but I had a great time.  Saturday was National Scrapbook Day, so with all the regular stuff; housework, laundry, I got to play with paper.  And on Sunday?  Well, that was mother's day!  So after going out to breakfast with the children and a sweet gift from Ainsley I was able to relax and read my book.  What could be better than that?

Well, lots of goodies to share, so let's get to it...

I decided to get to scrappin some of my Easter photos because, well....they were easy to find.  This first one was done with a sketch from Let's Scrap.  I used my Pink Paislee Daily Junque collection.  I just love these colors...and the patterns are so fun.  My favorite item tho has to be the blackboard stickers...I just need to figure out how to use them better.  sigh


Here is my sweet little niece, hunting for eggs.  She was having a great time finding them.  I found this sketch over at Sketchabilities.  Love their sketches.  I made the flowers for this one so that I could participate in a challenge over at Scrapbook.com.  Lots of Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe with a bit of Prima (pink flowers and alpha) and Maya Road (yellow flowers).  But my favorite new find is the baker's twine.  I bought a ton of the stuff in bunches of colors from The Twinery.

Isn't it funny the things we hold onto?  Here is Brighton, at 15, hunting for Easter Eggs.  We have had to get creative over the years in order to make it at least a little more complicated.  Gone are the days where we could just lay the eggs in the grass and the children would run all over squealing with delight.   This layout is based on a Pencil Lines sketch, using the last little bits of my Cosmo Cricket Restoration pack.

And finally, a little money/chocolate bar holder I made using my Cricut and some svg files.  (shhh, don't tell anyone).  I was inspired by a little cow card I saw in the Cricut Magazine.  There's of course used a cow from a cartridge, which I didn't own; and was shaped like a cow.  Super cute, but didn't fit my needs.  Anyway, Mackenzie's friend loved it!  I think I may be making these more....swim coaches?

Well, I have a few more projects I am working on...and one that I can't share for a while.  I will for sure be back on Wednesday tho with a tutorial on misting fabric.  I am working on a mini album for the weekly NSBD challenge over on Scrapbook.com and used fabric on the cover.

So....until then......

Hugs.

Nancy

6 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

I'm so happy you had a wonderful weekend nancy! I love your projects as always! God Bless!

Cyndy said...

Great lo's and I just LOVE that card/candy bar holder! Too cute!!

Carla said...

Wow such cute lay outs, and totally LOVE that card...so cute.

Heather Landry said...

I think all of your projects are awesome! That card is just too cute. OOooh look at you being a rebel and using your SCAL! LOL

P.S. This post is too short and I want menu Monday back! =0P

LisiB said...

Wow, you have been busy. The cow one is especially cute.

colombean said...

that cow makes me want to be a vegetarian just so I don't eat her! And your first LO may be scraplifted. Thank you for your awesomeness