Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday

It is still crazy busy around here.  Lots going on with cabana season rapidly approaching, testing, school.  Ainsley is doing a bit better getting her work done.  But it is hard going and she just flat out refuses some days.  How do teachers do it?  Dang...how did I do it with the other two.  It isn't like I have never schooled a 9 year old before...heck, I have been doing this for 9 years....

Anyway, on to bigger...better and brighter.  A few new projects with Echo Park papers.

This first one is using the For the Record papers that are available at Catch the Moments kits.  I really loved the colors and patterns in this collection.  They are a little less geometric than other collections I have played with and even have a bit of distressing.  Right now you can get this kit for only $12.95!  What a great price.


I have had this photo of Ainsley and some swim friends on my desk since last summer.  It was taken at the cabana club the night of the overnighter.  Not sure if I should have pulled it out afterall as thinking of the overnighter...staying up all night chaperoning, dealing with...well...100+ children all night and then cleaning up the mess...... But such a cute photo and the new Playground papers were perfect.  I mixed in some Ruby Rocket chipboard, my favorite Thickers, a felt from Basic Grey. That blue flower???? it was made from a doodlebug paper frill.    This was one of my sample pages over on Ideas for Scrapbookers for layouts with no squares or rectangles.

Well, lots to do this weekend.  Fun stuff.  I can't believe it, but Phil and I are going out, the two of us...on a date...with another couple we know.  This will be the second time this week we have gone on a date!  We went to a friends vintage release dinner Wednesday and now this tomorrow.  Amazing huh.  lol  And I have tickets to tonights ballet.  Woo hoo!!!!  Adult stuff.  hee hee

For now though...back to the children and the housework.

Hugs.

Nancy

4 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

I hope you have an outstanding time my friend! Enjoy it to the fullest! WOnderful layouts as well!

Michelle said...

As far as teaching the kids.. different personalities. Ainsley seems like such a different child than your other two. I know I don't have the patience to teach and I give a lot credit to those that do. hang in there. Enjoy your adult time. I am really beginning to wonder what that is anymore! LOL

Carla said...

Super cute layouts!

LisiB said...

So great to hear that you are taking good care of DH and yourself. This is so important.
Ainsley: maybe a mixture of bribing and motivation. When my kids (in school) don't want to do something, I tell them "just 15 minutes " and set them a timer. Then we do something more fun. Or I let them choose: do you want to do the even or the odd numbers of the exercises - you choose. It has worked for me for the last way too many years. I am sure you are a wonderful teacher and your kids are sooo lucky that you do it!