Thursday, March 10, 2011

Won't You Be Mine?

I recently received the beautiful Be Mine kit from Catch the Moments Kits, and let me just say I am in love with these Sassafras Papers.  I know that they were originally a Valentine line, but the colors were just so fun and festive I couldn't resist using them for these photos of 2 of my favorite girls, my niece Lili and Mackenzie...sorry Ainsley, not today.  hee hee  

I mixed and matched the fun edge strips from the different papers to add interest to the page.  The first adding a border and the second became my rosette.  I added some buttons from the "Love" kit, one of the stickers from the Be Mine add on, and a few older felt embellishments I had in my stash.  I tied it all together with a bit of machine stitching.

I loved the patterns in these papers and was just heartbroken to cover the beautiful designs.  So, I cut the centers out of my papers to save for later.  This is a great way to stretch your paper dollar.  I again used some buttons from the "Love" collection and this time some "Merry" Thickers.

And finally, because I loved the pink floral paper so much I made this little card with a bit of the scraps and a handmade flower. 

I hope you can find some inspiration today.

Hugs.

Nancy

4 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

I love the colors on those layouts! Cute kids of course. Wonderful work as always my friend!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

What a beautiful kit my friend and you create such great projects!!
Have a great weekend!

LisiB said...

Lovely projects, as always!!

Heather Landry said...

These layouts are gorgeous! You're going to have to teach me how to sew on my layouts. LOL Your card is especially adorable!