Monday, February 28, 2011

Two Posts in One Day?

I know...a miracle practically.  But, since it is Monday, and since I blew the posting off last week, I could do that to you again.  lol

So, without further ado...

Monday was a holiday hee hee...so I didn't make dinner, Phil did.  This week, I will give you a sneak tho.  Chili Relleno casserole is in the oven as I type.  Is smells sooooo good!

Tuesday we had orchiette with broccoli and sausage.  The kids always love this when I make it, and it is super quick an super easy.

 Wednesday we had chicken cacciatore

Thursday was a Waldorf salad with grilled chicken.

Friday, beef enchiladas.  Let me tell you something about enchiladas.  It takes way too many pans to make, so I tried to cheat and not fry my tortillas before wrapping my enchiladas.  You know what happened?  The tortillas practically disintegrated.  They were tasty, but they wouldn't really stand up.  sigh

Do you know why I didn't fry my tortillas?  Because my stove top is too small for 3 full sized frying pans.  But guess what?  We are beginning the process of remodeling my kitchen.  Woo Hoo!!!!  And I am getting a fabulous new range, 36 inches with 6 burners!  I am so excited.  So, tell me....are you interested in hearing about my kitchen remodel?  Would you rather me just stick to scrapping? Do you like the menus?  What to do, what to do?

Well, how about a recipe for while we ponder these and life's other great questions....

Orchiette with Broccoli and Sausage 

1 lb Italian Sausage
1 lb Broccoli florettes
1 lb Orchiette or Pasta Shape of your choice
1/2 cup White Wine or Chicken Stock
pinch Crushed Red Pepper
Parmesan Cheese for garnish

In large saute pan over medium heat, brown the sausage. Remove sausage from pan and deglaze with white wine (or stock) and add broccoli and red pepper. Cover, reducing temperature to low and simmer until broccoli is tender (about 4 minutes) Add cooked sausage and cover to heat through. Serve over pasta, topping with shredded Parmesan cheese.

4 comments:

Pamk said...

I like the recipes and would love to have the chili relleno casserole recipe.

Nati Tristan said...

Oh my gosh! That looks so delicious Nancy!!

Heather Landry said...

Brandon says: bBNMXAJBAHIQ44444444444444444444444SZXPPPPPPPPPPDCX1WNBMJHTVJABHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASZXCVBGTYUHJKNJ57369B5DSAQ

I want the beef enchilada recipe! They look delicious. I saved the Broccoli Orchiette recipe. It sounds good!

Liz Michaud said...

Wow you are making me hungry! I will send these over for my hubby to see... I don't cook at all :)