Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Groundhog Day

I hope today the groundhog told you what you wanted to hear.  I know that we in Northern California are already seeing spring with temperatures nearing 70.

I have a post up over at the Your Memories Here blog today and I wanted to share here as well.  If you aren't familiar with the store, you definitely want to check it out!


I have had this little box sitting on my desk for ages, and with Valentine's Day coming I thought it would be perfect to fill with little chocolates for my loves.  (aka children).  And maybe later with some of the new gorgeous Prima trinkets that I have pre-ordered from the store.


I used some beautiful  Prima paper and lots of blooms and pearls to embellish the box.  I was really surprised at how quickly it all came together.  Of course, it is hard to go wrong with flowers and pearls.
To help the white flowers blend a little better with the papers, I used a quick spray of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist; just enough to "age" them a bit.

Now all I have to do is make some chocolates to put inside.  hee hee  Or maybe I should just hold on to the box myself.  hmmmmm

Hugs.

Nancy

3 comments:

Luz Maria Bruna said...

What a beautiful box my friend!!

Michelle said...

Pretty box!! Be careful bragging too much about that warm weather!! LOL It might bite you in the butt!! hee!hee! Misty called me to rub in her 80 degree day. It was COLD there this morning!! Temp 21, with a windchill factor.. yes, Houston had a windchill factor of 11 above! Teach her to rub in her warm weather!! ROFL!!!

hilde janbroers said...

love the box!!