Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Is it Monday Again?

The youngest two seem to be in a mood today, so I thought I would sneak over and share some projects with you while I wait for them to decide they are ready to work.  Some days, it is just not worth the fight.  Eventually they will settle back into it...patience is a virtue.  sigh

Don't forget I have a little contest here...you could win some fun papers.

I did a bit of scrapping this last weekend.  I had been really wanting to play with my shabby look and found some great challenges to do so.

This first layout is based on a Pencil Lines sketch.  I have had some of these doo dads forever and it felt so good to play with them.  I love the Webster's pages, and Ainsleys making a wish at Disneyland in front of one of the beautiful trees...well.....just love.

Websters Pages papers, Prima flowers and bling, Tattered Angels mist, Pencil Lines sketch.

Another great challenge...and the one that really got me moving this weekend was over in The Color Room.  This weeks colors were gorgeous and the twist was a lift!  Well, how easy was that?  I adored Emma Trout's use of all the feminine products on a boy page, so I had to lift her.  I even used the same papers.  Hers is sooooo gorgeous.
Websters Pages papers, Prima flowers and butterfly, Pink Paislee alphabet and medallion, Misc. trims. Tattered Angels mist, Martha Stewart border punch. Hambly rub on.

And finally, a fun sketch from Sassy Lil' Sketches.  This sketch is from January 21.  I was looking through all my papers trying to find snow paper, but couldn't find anything the right colors and brightness for these photos.  They just didn't seem to work with the distressed look.  So, Cosmo Cricket to the rescue.  I used the back sides of Honey Pie.  The banner ...well, I was trying to decide what to use for a banner and when the tickets and the title came to mind...
Cosmo Cricket Papers, Cricut snowflakes, Stickles, Pink Paislee tickets, Scenic Route alphabet, Misc. trims.

Well, I think it is time to try again.  Hope your day is going better than mine.

Hugs.

Nancy

3 comments:

hilde janbroers said...

beautiful layouts!!! amazing!

Heather Landry said...

I hope that your kids get into the routine of school again soon. I love all of your new layouts. They are awesome!!

Heather Landry said...

These layouts are gorgeous as always! I think they are all beautiful in their own way. I left you comments on them at sb.com!