Monday, November 15, 2010

Menu Monday

Another week and here I am with my menu and recipes.

I find that I am getting a bit bored with cooking this way, but it's either cook or go hungry, so I guess I will keep cooking.  lol  I have found over these past few months that the keeping track of the meals I prepare has been forcing me to try new things.  Can't just show you the same things week to week.

Monday - Phil cooked, I was running around. We had Ravioli with Pesto and Zucchini.  Guess what that means?  Yep, no photo.  lol

Tuesday - Steak Sandwiches, French Fries and Caesar Salad.  Again, I was running, so Phil finished and plated the food.  He put it on the table forgetting to photograph.  Well, so, I only have a photo of the sandwich I had the next day for lunch.  Here is a copy of the recipe over at Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen.
 

Wednesday we had Italian Sausage and Pasta Soup.  It was so yummy.....I cooked the pasta in batches as we ate the soup....soggy noodles are not tasty.  lol

Thursday - Cobb Salad.  I had hoped to add tomato.  But the girls snacked on all the little grape tomatos and there were none left.  Oh well.  Yummy bits of hard boiled egg, bacon, avocado, roasted chicken and olives.  mmmmmmm.

And finally, Friday.  I made a pot roast with mashed potato and green beans.  The green beans and potato had to be reheated in the microwave as you made your plate, but...it was a small price to pay.  


So, the recipe this week?  Soup!  


Italian Sausage and Pasta Soup

2 lbs hot or mild Italian Sausage (I used 1 lb of each)
3 carrots sliced
2 onion chopped
4 cloves garlic chopped
1/2 cup red wine
3 qts chicken stock
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
2 cans cannellini beans
1 tbs dried basil
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
8 oz bag frozen chopped spinach
8 oz dried pasta
Salt * Pepper

1.  Squeeze sausages from casings into an 8-10 quart pan over high heat and stir often, breaking them apart with a spoon, until browned, 8-10 minutes.  Spoon out and discard all but 1 tbs fat from pan.

2.  Add carrots, onion, and garlic; stir often until onion is limp, 5-7 minutes.  Add wine to pan scraping all the browned bits off the bottom.  Add broth, tomatoes, beans, and spices, bringing to a boil.

3. Return sausage to the pan.

4.  About 10 minutes before serving add pasta, reduce heat, and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.  Stir in spinach and cook for another minute.  

5.  Serve.  You can add salt and pepper to taste, and maybe a little Parmesan cheese if you like.

Hope you enjoy.

Hugs.

Nancy



3 comments:

Stay True To God said...

Another great week Nancy!! I wish I was as disciplined as you are. I don't cook every night for my family, but I really wish I did!! Thank you soooooo much for the inspiration and the great recipes!! Hugs... Tracy

Heather Landry said...

Phil is fired as a photographer. Seriously!!! Sigh. Oh boy soup!! I love soup! (Betcha didn't know that?! Right?) Thanks for the recipe chickie!

LisiB said...

Yummie!! Sounds so good. Thanks for sharing!!!!