Sunday, October 17, 2010

Menu Monday

Well, Menu Sunday this week because tomorrow Ideas For Scrapbooker's is celebrating it's 1 year anniversary with a blog hop.


But before I get to the menu, I wanted to share this tag I made.  This tag is for the Cricut Circle weekly challenge.  We were to use the colors orange, tan, burgundy, and grey.  Of course we needed to make at least 2 cuts as well.  I cut the flowers and flourishes from my Serenade cartridge and the title from Lyrical Letters.  Lots of inking and a fun distress technique that I will put up soon.



This week, much better than last.   I would say that no meals were a flop!  Horray me!!!!


Monday - Cheese Enchiladas.


Tuesday - Tacos.  I wasn't home, so Phil cooked...and that means no photos.  sigh


Wednesday - Tortilla Soup - Delicious!  Love the contrast of flavors


Thursday - Chicken Pot Pie - I cheated a bit and bought frozen puff pastry...no one cared.  lol  Ainsley didn't just love it.  I guess the pearl onions just weren't for her.  Next time I will probably leave them out.  I made them individual so that they would stay fresh.

Friday - BBQ Beef Sandwiches...yum!!!  These were a fave this week.  So this is the recipe I will share.



Pulled Braised Beef Sandwiches

3 ounces tomato paste
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbs cider vinegar
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp dry mustard
3 cloves garlic, smashed
2 lb. chuck roast
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 tbs olive oil
2 onions diced.

In a small bowl, stir together tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar Worcestershire, mustard, and garlic.

Season meat with salt and pepper.

In large skillet heat oil over high heat.  When hot, brown the beef, 3-5 minutes per side.  Transfer to plate.  Add onions to pan and cook, stirring a few times, till nicely browned.  Add  a bit of red wine if you like to deglaze the pan, making sure to scrape all the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.

Put half the onions in the cooker.  Place the beef over the onions.  Smear the tomato mixture on top.  Pour any meat juices from the plate over the roast.  Cover and cook on LOW 5-7 hours.

Serve on hamburger buns or french rolls.  Top with coleslaw and bar-b-que sauce if desired.

Yum!!!!

Well, thanks for dropping by.  Be sure and come back tomorrow for the blog hop!


Hugs.


Nancy

5 comments:

holly* said...

loos yummy! i was thinking about sitting down at my craft desk, BUT i think i will spend some time meal planning. thinking there might be cheese enchiladas on the menu!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

That sandwich looks really good and easy to make! We pretty much already have all the ingredients except for the chuck roast so perhaps that will be a weekend meal for us! Thanks for posting the recipe!

Heather Landry said...

Hmmm! It definitely looks totally yummy! That tortilla soup looks amazing too. You know me and soup. Now I want chicken pot pie! Dang.

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

I love your tags! I would love to see how you did those fabulous little flowers. That and food! Wow!

Stay True To God said...

Wow Nancy... what an awesome weekly menu!!! Thank you so much for the BBQ Beef Recipe. I'd love your Tortilla Soup recipe... looks soooooo yummy!! I think I'll make my family some cheese enchiladas for dinner... thanks for the inspiration!! Have an awesome weekend Nancy!!! :) God bless & big hugs... Tracy Oh ya... cute tag. Gosh you stay busy girl!!!