Friday, October 8, 2010

Food, Fun, and a Winner!

Thanks for all the fun comments on the new menu/recipe part of my blog.  I really enjoyed reading them all.  I look forward to sharing more recipes, menu ideas, successes and failures...yep, failures.  I had a big one this week!  lol  Be sure and check back on Monday to hear all about that!  lol  I also wanted you to know that my menus and recipes are not necessarily going to be quick and easy.   While I like simple as much as the next girl, that isn't my main focus.  I want something that can be held for hours so that people can come and go...so for our big salads...that means lots of chopping, and for sauces and soups, that can mean hours of simmering.  I know it isn't for everyone, but it is what works for us.


Speaking of us, life here seems to be moving at 100 miles a minute.  Life is good, albeit crazy.  Earlier this week I submitted my Special Bond layout to my gallery at Webster's Pages and was thrilled to find my layout chosen as this weeks banner.  


And speaking of banners....I made this for the Cricut Circle blog monthly challenge.  The challenge was to use the shadow feature, some type of embellishment on the die cuts, patterned paper and celebrate creativity.  I chose to make a banner...surprise, surprise, for my friend Heather.  I love making projects, but I just don't have room for anymore.  








Cricut Cartridges - French Manor, Forever Young, Christmas Card, Plantain Schoolbook, Serenade Solutions, Making Memories papers, Prima pearls and gems. Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist on seam binding.


And finally, a winner.  We had 7 comments on the post about the new menu Monday.  Ainsley drew the name, this time from my camera bag and pulled.....




Heather!




Well, off to get a few things done around the house before bed.  Swim meet this weekend.


Hugs.


Nancy  

3 comments:

Heather Landry said...

LOL You could've just named this post all for Heather! Thanks so much for making me that gorgeous, fabulous banner. It will definitely have a place of honor in my scrappy space forever! I love everything about it and am thrilled to be able to say I own a Nancy original!

Jana Eubank said...

GORGEOUS banner! Love the shape and all the details. Beautiful work!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous banner ~ I saw it on the circle blog monthly contest. I thought it was a bracelet at first (he he)!!