Sunday, August 29, 2010

Working on Some Hybrid with Ainsley and Mackenzie

I have been trying to stretch my hybrid muscle lately.  Having access to some great digi files from this month's Sassy Lil Sketches digi sponsor is making me want to try new things.  
The cutting cafe blinkie


Well, I needed  a quick and simple birthday card for Ainsley to take to a party.  So I pulled out my digi stamps and came up with this...


I used the Sweet Stuff and All Occasion Banners from the Cutting Cafe to make this card.  


The banner was just perfect and the cake....so yummy!  Mackenzie helped me with moving the banner out of its straight line.   How guilty do I feel that my daughter's Photoshop skills are so much better than mine?  At least I think I remember how to do it if needed again.  Something to do with puppets.  lol  


Ainsley helped me color the image and I used Gamsol to smooth it all out (hint, hint, upcoming IFS tutorial?).  And you know how much Ainsley loves her Stickles.  I am sure her little friend will love this card....especially because Ainsley helped make it


Hope you are having a great weekend.


Hugs.


Nancy

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute card!! Fun to work on those projects together with the kids!!

Amanda Jones said...

Very cute! Love all the glitter - it really goes well with those digi stamps :) x

Heather Landry said...

That is just TOO cute! I really love the added depth with the stickles, and I SO totally need to see that tutorial now!

Sue Althouse said...

Very cute card, and the glitter really shows up in your photo! Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Stay True To God said...

Hi Nancy!! :)

What an awesome card!! It's great that you're working with the girls!! And I totally agree with them knowing more than us... I'm constantly asking my son, Ryan, or daughter Alyssa about photoshop. I should do more hybrid... thanks for the inspiration!! I love photoshop, but don't bring it into my tradtional stuff... maybe now I will.

Have a great homeschool week!! :)

God bless & big hugs...

Tracy