Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Just a few more days...

...till we start back to school full time.  We have been busy trying to get our books and materials organized and our activities firmed up.  We have been hard at work getting Brighton enrolled at the local Junior College, his enrollment at a new online school, and his books and materials for his online classes,   I don't remember it being this hard when I was a kid.  But of course, I wasn't home schooled.   sigh  It is times like these that I think it would be so much easier to have the children in regular school.  But, here we are, about to begin year 9!  Wow!!!  I can't believe I have been homeschooling this long.

Brighton got his wisdom teeth out yesterday and hasn't really been feeling his best which brings out the total nurse in me.  Making mashed potatoes, going out for yogurt and ice cream and running up and down the stairs to make sure everything is ok.

So how have I been spending my leisure time? Scrapping!!!! You are probably asking...what leisure time? lol...Well, I am overwhelmed with it all and need a break occasionally....So, when I have a few minutes, I scrap!  That, and I took over 1500 photos while on vacation, some of which I just love and the mojo is running strong.

Here are two that I did earlier this week.

This one comes from the sketch and color palette this week at The Color Room.  I love a good sketch and I loved the photos.  The color palette was perfect so it came together really quickly.  A bit of Prima bling, lots of Prima flowers, and some Maya Mist.  What more can a girl want!  lol


This one of course has the photos of our house after it was tp-d.  Yep, gotta document the good and the bad, and I guess it is kinda funny...unless you are the one spending 3 hours cleaning it up.  Special shout out to my neighbors Richard and Aimee who came over to help get the last bits from high in the tree!  They were life savers with their extension pole.  This one is based on a PageMaps sketch.  I used a bit of seam binding to make the "toilet paper" and some beautiful Echo Park papers. 

Well, I think I hear responsibility calling.  So that's all for today.  I have another layout here on my table drying to share tomorrow, so I promise to be back then.

Hugs.

Nancy

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I left you a message.. but wanted to leave one here too... ;) Glad you got some scrappy time!! I really love the pages!! I like how you mimicked the TP!! Very cool! The beach one is so pretty with the soft color palette.

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Nancy love your latest layouts and the soft colours you used goes perfect with your pics!!

Cyndy said...

Love that you scrapped the t.p.! Hilarious! The ribbon layed across the layout is perfect! I live in Vista, right next door to Oceanside. Beautiful here right now! : ) Looks like you had a great time!

Heather Landry said...

OMG woman! Blog much? LOL I've been sitting here trying to catch up on blogs and have had 3 or 4 of yours to read. When did you have time?! =0P I love your toilet paper layout. I'd have never thought to use the seam binding but you totally rocked it! Super cute!