Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Summer Flying

Summer seems to be flying by.  I can't believe that Brighton is taking his JC entrance exams, swim is over (thank goodness) and ballet summer intensive is almost over.  I have purchased and unpacked all of our school materials for the coming year.  Where did the summer go?

I know, I know...we do still have a few weeks left, and believe me...I mean to make the most of them.

Still not a lot of free time to play with paper.  I did find the time to create this....

When I saw this paper in the scrapbook store, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.  Lots of fussy cutting here.  I cut, distressed, and curled the paper using water.  I added a bit of Rock Candy Stickles on the witches hair, the Cheshire cat and the tea pot.  I embellished many flat Prima flowers with UTEE, Platinum Stickles and some e-Line bling.  Should I come back with a tutorial for you?  Tons of fun and really updates those jars of flowers I have sitting on the shelf.

I hosted Ainsley's 9th birthday party Monday night.  Yep...on a Monday, and....Phil's birthday to boot.  But there was a window available to have the party and I have to take what I can get these days.  Poor thing had to wait over a month to have her party and she simply couldn't wait any longer (we were thinking September looked good.  LOL).  Phil was such a good sport even agreeing to share a birthday cake (Coldstone Cookie Dough) even though he doesn't care for it.

The girls all had a great time.   They played games, braided hair, and for a fun craft....

Decorated flip flops.  It is hard to see, but we added bits of bling lines and lots of flowers.  All the girls were just thrilled with their new shoes.

Well, off to get something done.  Maybe even a little scrapping?

Hugs.

Nancy

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad she had a wonderful party!! I bought Brit some stuff at the scraps store to decorate her flip flops with!! She did them in the car on the way to Mankato a couple of weeks ago!! :) You know I LOVE that LO!!! So so cute!!! Happy birthday to Ainsley and Phil!!

LisiB said...

What a super sweet LO! And the flip flops looks just perfect. I feel the same as you -school starts in 2 weeks and I have no idea where the summer went....
http://myschnipselblog.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

This is so amazing!! love the paper and colors!! great cut work!! love it all , really looks fabulous!!

Heather Landry said...

Phil is SUCH a trouper! I love the flip flops and your layout is AWESOME! Of course we want a tutorial. ASAP! LOL

Nati Tristan said...

OH my gosh!!! Nancy! That layout is fabuloussssssss! I love it!