Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Time Flies

I can't believe that June is almost over.  It really is amazing how fast the summer is flying by.  I think the days just rush by faster in the summer.  Is it due to the longer days, the amount of free time to do whatever you want now that school is out?  And why is it the kids want to do so much?  lol

You all know that my children are all swimmers, so a lot of our summer is spent at the pool, at swim meets.  And swim meets mean waiting.  If you have never been to a swim meet, you probably didn't know this....but while the meet may last for 6 hours, each swimmer spends maybe 3 minutes in the pool, tops.  Ainsley spends even less at a cabana meet since her events are short, maybe 20 seconds each.  Yep, that is a lot of waiting.


The SEI Mimosa papers were so summery, they fit these swim photos perfectly. I cut the larger flower shape, large flower and ring using my Cricut.  A bit of Glimmer Mist in Pashmina and Sunshine on the chipboard flowers gave a bit of sparkle.  Finally a few Tear Drops to accent my larger flower and I was done.

It has been tons of fun working with all the lovely products from the Your Memories Here store this month as a guest design team member.  I am sad that my time there is over.  Now I wait to see if maybe, just maybe they pick me for their regular design team.  Guess it is my turn to wait now.  hee hee

Hugs.

Nancy

8 comments:

Heather Landry said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that they pick you up Nancy! I loved the layouts you did for them as GDT!

Heather said...

Great layout. The papers are so pretty.

Amanda Sevall said...

Cute layout of the girls. Looks like you got your 30 pictures! :)

Kristina said...

Greay layout Nancy! It's been a real treat having you join us this month.
Hugs,
Kristina

sarah said...

i swear that you and the family spend the summer at the pool. hehe. :) i mean that as in i'm jealous because i want to go swimming!

anyway, LOVE the flowers to that layout!

has ainsley been scrappin' recently?

hugs,
sarah.

Nati Tristan said...

Time does fly! it's ridiculous!! I definitely think they will get you as a reg. DT. You are fabulous and have such beautiful inspiration!

D said...

That must be so hard on her to hang around the pool for 6 hours!!! She is definitely learning patience. Gorgeous layout :)

Michelle said...

This is so cute!! I love those Mimosa papers!