Friday, June 11, 2010

One of those....

I would like to say it has been one of those days...but it really hasn't been a day, maybe more like a week, or a month!  lol  I soooo need a vacation.  But that is another story to itself.  hee hee

I have been really busy with swim team these last few weeks.  It is amazing how quickly the swim season starts and ends.  And how much must be done in such a short period of time.

But enough of that for today...you aren't here to read about the drama of it all.....You are probably here to see yummy scrapiness, or homeschooling so, without further ado.

Very quickly I will tell you about Math.  This year Ainsley did a number of different math programs.  You know we did a bunch of math drills with math-drills.com.  We also used Singapore Primary Math.  I have really enjoyed using this program.  Mackenzie used it up till this year.  But, alas, I just don't think that it is working with Ainsley.  So I have decided to move her to Saxon Math, which, is a totally different set of skills.  But with all the drill, it should hopefully help her build confidence.  Surprisingly tho, when I had her take the placement test....she tested at grade level.  I know, I know...grade level is where she should be.  But I was surprised because she is constantly fighting me over math.  sigh  We are still going to work on math drills over the summer.  I bought an app for the iPad/iPod to do just that.  It is called KidCalc and she really seems to enjoy it.

Ok, enough educational stuff.  It is summer!!!!

And here are a few goodies for you.  Yesterday I did a tutorial on turning chipboard into painted metal.  You can check it out at Ideas for Scrapbookers.


Thanks to Tracy at Stay True to God for the fabulous Dusty Attic chipboard.  Love it!!!!  The sketch and colors are from last weeks The Color Room.

I also have this layout that I did for the class over on Big Picture Scrapbooking with Nic Howard.


I don't just love it, but it is ok I guess.  That is me trying to lift...I guess that is what I get.  lol

Well, that does it for now.  Gotta go cook dinner and then head to the pool to help set up for tomorrows meet.

Hugs.

Nancy

5 comments:

Cyndy said...

Both are very colorful and fun!

Anonymous said...

These lo are so pretty !!! love the chipboard on the first lo!!! but both lo's are amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Lol what do you mean you don't love it. I think this is one of my favs so far. Super cute!

sarah said...

that's such a pretty LO, my friend. :)

and looks like the programs you've got lined up for the kiddos look rigorous! way to go mom! :) haha.

anyway, hope all is well.

text me when you want to go out. or email. whatever works.

hugs,
sarah.

Heather Landry said...

It's been one of those months here too. I'm sorry you're not getting any down time! I love BOTH of your layouts, but you knew that already. Way to crack the whip on those kids. LOL