Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Feeling Altered

Today, over on the Ideas for Scrapbooker's blog many of the contributing artists shared altered items they had made.  I shared this photo frame I made to highlight my children on the beach here in Northern California.  The beaches here are not the bright and sunny ones that you see in most photos, that you think of when you picture a beach, but I think they are beautiful nonetheless.


I started with a simple photo frame from Michaels.  The Type you find in the dollar bin.  


I painted the sides with a crackle medium and some white paint.   I stamped some simple patterned paper I had from Teresa Collins with glimmer mist and a script acrylic stamp.  I then attached the paper and added lots of inky goodness.

I had seen this video over on You Tube.  How to do a transfer onto sticky back canvas.  And had to try making flowers to match.

All in all, I had a ton of fun making this frame.  I had so much fun in fact that I decided to share in it.

If you are not already a follower, become one, and you will be in a drawing for this....


You can try some of these fun techniques on the frame I found.  This time, Mackenzie will pick a winner on Wednesday, June 2.  Can you believe it is almost June?  Eeeeek  June is already next week.

Have a fabulous Wednesday.

Hugs.

Nancy

7 comments:

Cook Scrap Craft said...

I saw your cool frame on the Ideas for Scrapbookers blog and loved it! Great giveaway! Even if I don't win, I'm going to have to try this.

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Wow you made a great job,so pretty!!

Heather said...

Such a pretty frame! Great giveaway too!

Nancy Wyatt said...

Hi Nancy! Great project! glad we met via HO3!!

sarah said...

the dollar bin is one of my fav places to be. ;) great project, my friend.

hugs,
sarah.

Heather Landry said...

This is such a gorgeous project girlie. You are a true California girl recycling like this! LOL

Anonymous said...

I love this Nancy!! really beautiful job!!