Thursday, April 15, 2010

Resistance is NOT Futile!


Today, I thought I would share with you a layout of my daughter, and a quick tutorial using Distress Inks.  I have had the new Webster's Pages sitting on my desk, waiting for the perfect photos to use some with.  I came across a new challenge site on Ning, saw the color scheme and new exactly what I wanted to do. 

The colors were perfect with her outfit, and the Prima flowers really helped brighten the soft papers.

Flamingo Scraps products:  Webster's Pages:  Lullaby Collection, Dreamland.  Prima Marketing Flowers: Symphony Blend, Calcutta Blue, Calcutta Mini's Porcelain, Mini Roses, E-line Bling, Pebbles.  Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Mustard Seed, Spun Sugar.


I made the two inky blocks with distress inks, white acrylic paint, and a couple of stamps.

I started with painting my stamps with the acrylic paint.

I then stamped the image onto my cardstock block.
I know, it is hard to see, but trust me, it is there.

I then began layering the distress inks onto the paper.  I started with the lighter colors and worked my way darker, going back to add bits of other colors as needed, till I got the look I wanted.

You can see the the paint resisted the distress ink.  I took a slightly damp paper towel and wiped the surface to remove any excess ink from the stamped image and....

Give it a try.  I know you have some stamps and acrylic paint lying around. 

Have a great weekend!

Hugs.

Nancy

7 comments:

Dakota Bear said...

Very nice!

Tracy S said...

That is a very cool technique! TY for sharing. Great LO too. I have a question. Is it hard to clean the paint off the stamps?

KellyCali said...

Thanks for the great tutorial Nancy! :)

Amanda Sevall said...

Pretty pictures of Mackenzie! Glad she enjoyed her birthday!

Heather Landry said...

Absolutely beautiful! Please do more distress tutorials Nancy!

Nati Tristan said...

I always love your tutorials nancy! This is another fab one!

Stephanie said...

Great tutorial...something I will definitely expirement with!