Thursday, April 8, 2010

Getting to know...

Well, I would like to get to know you...and I guess in the process you could get to know me.  Although, I am sure, many of you already feel you know more than needed.  lol

Since today was another crazy, busy, driving, testing day...how about a few questions?

1. Scrapper/cardmaker/both?
2. How long have you been scrapping/cardmaking ? How did you get into it?
3. Do you prefer to work alone, or get together with friends/go to crops/classes etc?
4. Favorite embellishments?
5. Favorite paper brands?
6. Favorite tool?
7. Favorite kind of ink?
8. Whose your scrap idol?
9. Something you bought that you wish you hadn't or have never used?
10. Do you have your own scraproom or do you work in a shared area?
11. Are you a chronological, reverse chronological, or random scrapper?
12. What is your scrapping style if you have one?
13. Whats on your workarea right now?
14. Favorite adhesive?
15. Technique you have never tried that you would like to?
16. Are you on or have you ever been on a design team or been a guest designer?
17. Have you ever had your work published?
18. Are you a consultant for a company such as Close to my heart, stampin up, creative memories, etc?
19. Do you subscribe to any kit clubs, if so which ones?
20. Do you have a minimal stash of supplies or are you a shopper/collecter?
21. Are you a sketch user, scraplifter, or do you come up with it all on your own?
22. Do you participate in any online challenges, if so which ones?
23. Do you own any diecutting machines (manual or electric) and if so which ones?
24. If you have a manual diecutting machine what kind of does do you use?
25. Are you a Stickleser (is that even a word?)



1.  I am a scrapper.  I do not make cards...I stink at it.
2.  I have been scrapping for about 14 years...since my son was born.
3.  I usually work alone, in my scrappy space.  I like to have other's opinions, but I hate to pack my stuff up.
4.  My favorite embellishment...can you guess?  ummmmm, flowers?  lol
5.  Favorite Papers...I bet you can guess that too.  Prima, Pink Paislee, Webster's Pages.
6.  Favorite Tool?  paper trimmer...I can't cut a straight line.
7.  I love, love, love Distress Inks.
8.  Scrap Idol?  wow...that is hard.  I have been loving watching Marion Smith's Ustream shows both Prima and A Piece of Craft.  If you haven't had a chance, you should definitely check it out.
9.  Something I bought?  A regret?  hmmmmmmm, I love all my scrappy toys.
10.  I share my scrappy space with our home office. 
11.  I am a random scrapper who places her pages into books chronologically.  Go figure that one out.  lol
12.  I would say my style tends toward shabby chic.
13.  On my table right now is all the new goodies from Webster's Pages.  4 new lines and all the embellies.  Shipped to me from Flamingo Scraps!
14.  My favorite adhesive was my Kokuyo, but since I can't get it anymore I am using Tombow dot rollers.  I do find myself using more Zip Dry and FabriTac these days tho.
15.  Technique I have never tried is alcohol ink.  Just seems....hard?
16.  I have been on the DT for Flamingo Scraps for over a year now.  I love them!  I have also had a guest dt on Ideas For Scrapbookers. (Thanks Pammy)
17.  I have never been published.  Of course, I have never submitted.  I am afraid of rejection.  lol
18.  I do not consult for anyone.
19.  I don't subscribe to any kit clubs although I used to subscribe to Scarlet Lime and have been tempted by Swirlydoos and My Creative Scrapbook
20.  My stash is, while not huge, bigger than many. 
21.  I do a lot of sketches, some lifts, and some ideas are my own.  I guess all three.
22.  I occasionally participate in challenges at scrapbook.com
23.  I have a Sizzix, Cricut Expression and a Wishblade. 
24.  For the Sizzix Big Shot, I love my new Tim Holtz flower die and some of the large shapes.
25.  I love my Stickles.  Right now my favorite color is platinum.

Well, can't wait to learn more about you.

Hugs,

Nancy

5 comments:

Michelle said...

hmmm... Let's see.. I am sure you already know the answer to most of these for me! ;)

1. scrapper
2. for about 10 years. My neighbor invited me to a Creative Memories class when my middle child was about 2.
3. Right now, I work alone. I miss the comraderie and stuff, but seem to get more done this way. I have too much to bring to a crop anyway.
4. Not sure if I have one.
5. Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket, or whatever works with my photos!! LOL
6. Trimmers and punches
7. chalk inks
8. Kelly Goree, Julie Bonner, Liz Qualman and Lynn Ghahary
9. I really don't have anything like that
10. My own space :)
11. Random scrapper, but like you, my albums are in chron. order
12. clean and simple
13.Camera, laptop, personal trimmer, 12" trimmer and tool caddy
14. I have CM's tape runner and glue dots
15. um... not sure
16. been a guest for Liz Qualman (thank you, Liz!) and for HaveYourWayWithPaper :)
17. Nope, but never submitted either
18. I was a CM consultant for 8 years
19. SD4U
20. I have a fair amount, but not a ton.
21. I am a lifter and I use sketches
22. Occasionally sb.com and HYWWP
23. Sizzix and a Slice
24. I have a sizzix leaf, vine and Cuttlebug's embossing templates that I use on my sizzix.
25. I have some stickles.. maybe 8 bottles. 2 were gifts from Heather! :)

Heather said...

Thanks for taking part Nancy! It's nice to get to know more about my online scrappy friends!

Nati Tristan said...

1. Scrapper/cardmaker/both? I'm Both!

2. How long have you been scrapping/cardmaking ? How did you get into it? I've been scrapping for about 10 years now. I started it in highschool in just a notebook and it grew slowly from there.

3. Do you prefer to work alone, or get together with friends/go to crops/classes etc? i love working with others.. but hate packing as well as you nancy! :oP

4. Favorite embellishments? Defenitely flowers! Prima FLOWERS!

5. Favorite paper brands? Hmm.. I love DCWV and I also love K and Company!

6. Favorite tool? Oh man! that's hard.. i guess i would have to say my bypass cutter by fiskars!

7. Favorite kind of ink? as of now GLIMMER MISTS!!!

8. Whose your scrap idol? I love all your ideas Nancy you are def. one of my idols!

9. Something you bought that you wish you hadn't or have never used? oh.. man.. hmm.. i don't think there is anything lol!

10. Do you have your own scraproom or do you work in a shared area? I share it with my husband.. he has a desk.. and i pretty much have the rest of the room! lol! it used to be half and half! I'm still working on it though!

11. Are you a chronological, reverse chronological, or random scrapper? do random events in chronological order!

12. What is your scrapping style if you have one? Hmm.. I'm very random i liek shappy i like clean i like simple and i like cluttered lol!

13. Whats on your workarea right now? A MESS! I have to clean it! Once again!

14. Favorite adhesive? I LOVE MY GLUE GUN! But the CM tape runner is great!

15. Technique you have never tried that you would like to? hmmm... i don't even know what alcohol inking! lol! thanks once again Nancy! lol!

16. Are you on or have you ever been on a design team or been a guest designer? Nope :o(

17. Have you ever had your work published? Never. also afraid of rejection so no submissions have been done.

18. Are you a consultant for a company such as Close to my heart, stampin up, creative memories, etc? No but i do wish to :oP

19. Do you subscribe to any kit clubs, if so which ones? No i haven't I'm not sure which one to choose i would be too scared. Are they even worth it?

20. Do you have a minimal stash of supplies or are you a shopper/collecter? ADDICTED TO SHOPPING ANY SHOPPING AND ALL SHOPPING! You decided lol!

21. Are you a sketch user, scraplifter, or do you come up with it all on your own? I do all 3!

22. Do you participate in any online challenges, if so which ones? Yup! and Host them too!

23. Do you own any diecutting machines (manual or electric) and if so which ones? Sure do. I have the CriCut and the Slice! Oh and the Cuttlebug!

24. If you have a manual diecutting machine what kind of does do you use? None :P

25. Are you a Stickleser (is that even a word?)lol! no.. :o( I think i should be though!

Diana Joy said...

Re: your #11... I do that also.. I think lots of us do. Nice to read your answers..I too posted this to my blog today. Have a good weekend.

DivineScrapper said...

I’m a Scrapper and dabble with card making… Been Scrap’n 8 years now.. honestly most of the time I like scrap’n alone… I really like button! Wish I had a million of them… Bo Bunny, Basic Grey and Teresa Collins are my favorites NOW! Might change this time next year….I love my Cricut it’s my favorite tool.. no favorite ink at this t ime.. No scrap idol either.. any suggestions!!! We have a home office that I scrap in.. but it’s not my own place….I’m a random scrapper.. My style… lets see.. I think I really don’t know… I know I’m super net and like things lined up right and the colors has to match…
I’m getting ready for a Scrapbook Retreat next month.. and doing stuff for the is new design team I’m on PlatinumScraps..  I really like Zip Dry and Glue Stick.. glue stick because you once you lay it down it can be moved around.. my glue glider.. once its down its down  I love to learn how to make flowers with paper.. A Rose! Yes PlatinumScraps.blogspot.com – No work Published still improving my skilss… Don’t sell anything but Princess House.. would like to be a CTMH consultant…No kit club…I’m both a Stasher and Shopper! I just start using sketches.. made a sketch book! I do participant in online challenges – Cricut/Sizzix.. LOL yes I love Stickles!